As a result of commercial arbitration for the American Arbitration Association, the London Court of International Arbitration and other notable organizations, Richard McLaren is consistently retained by domestic and international clients to act as an expert arbitrator.
McLaren has extensive expertise and experience as both an arbitrator and as a party appointed arbitrator for domestic and international disputes.
IDR Ltd. conducted significant commercial arbitration work which includes:
- Champion Holding Company et al. v. Arab Republic of Egypt (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes) Case No. ARB/16/2 (ICSID) – Party Appointed Arbitrator
- International Chamber of Commerce IMG v. South American Sport Property Holder
- American Automotive Company, a Fortune 500 Company & its European distributors - Damages over $2 million U.S.
- American Trustee in Bankrutpcy & Dutch Wholesale Company - Claim for $10 million U.S.
- American Medical Equipment Manufacturer and its Canadian Medical Technology Distributor
- Canadian & Netherlands Company - Claim for $3 million
- Canadian Pulp & Paper Company and an Agency of Republic of China
- Ontario Technology Company (hardware provider) and its shareholders
- Telecommunications Company and its E-Commerce Acquisition
- The Ontario Nurses Association
- Individuals vs. TransCanada Pipelines Limited